Monday, February 11, 2008

The FLU hits the Austin home.....

Well, it's been a while since I've posted partly because there's not a lot going on, but mainly because we are contaminated here at the Austin house! Let me start at the beginning of last week (Monday Feb. 4th) I was not at work but my boss was really sick, Tuesday she and I went to this intense training thing all morning and she was even more sick (I thought she was going to just pass out on me), Wednesday I had to work because my boss was sick and another girl was on vacation well one of the other girls started getting sick, then Thursday again had to work due to sickness and vacation the other lady got sick, so by Thursday evening I was getting run down and feeling achy I went to bed about 8:30, Friday comes along and we all (all 5 of us) at the office are SICK but no one will go home because we are all sick and we've already been contaminated ha ha...So I get a call about 1:00 PM from Matt saying that Eli is coughing really bad and running about 100' fever. Saturday AM Eli's fever was up to 102.6', he wouldn't sleep at nap time just coughed his little head off. About 3:30 PM, he had such a bad coughing fit that he couldn't catch his breath so he started to cry, I went in there to rescue him and he was BURNING up!!! I took him outa the crib took his temp. it was up to 103.4 (keep in mind I'd given him Mortin about 1:45 PM) so I gave him Tylenol and called the pediatrician! I really expected the Dr. to tell me to take him in to the Panda Hosp. at St. Francis, but he didn't! He told me to meet him at HIS office in 30 min! WOW you just don't find Dr's that do that anymore! So, off Eli and went to his Dr. The Dr. took one look and said "I can tell by looking at him he's got the FLU", so he checked him out and ran the flu test and sure enough my baby has the flu! We thankfully caught it in time for Tamiflu. BUT here we are today Monday 3 days later and he's WORSE! His cough is terrible and his nose is awful! But to top it off he's just so cranky, I mean my baby won't even play with his toys, he only wants his mama (which I have to admit I LOVE)he just sits and says "mama". Let me paint you a picture of a normal day at our house : ALL Eli's toys are outa his toy box, outa his buckets, and scattered all over his room and our living room! He normally will play in his room quite a bit, then come get us to play for a while. But today there is 1 car and 2 books out in the living room and nothing outa place in his room! That right there tells me he's not up to par!
I was on the phone earlier with Brandi and she can vouch for us that my little Eli was NOT happy! He's just not feeling well and I hate that! I just wanna make him all better! I will probably be back at the Dr. today after an attempted nap time!
Needless to say no pictures! This week will get better!

If I don't post I wanna tell everyone HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!! Each one of you are special to our family and we hope you enjoy this attempt at a blog!

No comments: