Monday, March 17, 2008

Bad Week...BUT God provides!!!

What a week we have had in the Austin household! Last Sat. (the 8th) Eli & I were going to venture to Tulsa to find some curtains. Well, our van started acting crazy, really long story, but in short. Had a friend's husband look at it, left their house, and then barely made it to the Owasso Church of Christ parking lot before it was about to overheat! We waited there for a while for Matt to call me back since he was at work! Finally he called & said he was coming to rescue us, we called my mom to use her AAA cause we let ours expire we found out! Not good! AAA came and towed us to a local auto place. NOT the one we usually use, but that one was not open and their gate was locked so we really had no choice! Anyway, Monday rolls along and the auto place called me (cause Matt was back at work) and told me the van was going to be close to $1,000 to fix! Matt called just a while later saying he was on his way home and told me to call our regular shop. I did. Told the mechanic what the other mechanic said was wrong. By this time we had resigned up for AAA (IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT GET IT!! IT'S LIKE $70/YR. FOR YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE!). OK so our reg. mechanic said his labor was much less, so we called AAA AGAIN and had them tow us from the auto place to the auto place we always use! Funny huh? We really didn't know what to expect the price to be, but we know this guy and we trust him. He called Matt Thurs. and said it would be about $600!! YAY!!!
Next thing... I had to go to the dentist Wed. for a crown, just taking out the old filling and putting a crown on. Easy right? WRONG! Ended up I needed a root canal! My dentist got 1/2 way done with the root canal and then realized he couldn't get it all cause my root/nerves were too deep and curved! So he sent me to an endodontist. Which I went to today. The root canal another $300 and the crown that I will get in the next 3 weeks another $300!!! So in 1 week we have managed to rack up over $1200 in 'bills'... So, why am I praising God? Why am I telling you ALL this? Because God is so good! Through all this neither Matt or me have been stressed at all about money! Now, don't get me wrong, we have ample money for this in our savings, but really who wants to spend savings on this? Well, somehow (GOD is how) we aren't even going to have to use our savings! Our bank accnt. seems to have more money than we can explain right now! Not a mistake or anything, just something only explained by the wonderful power of our AMAZING Lord and Saviour!!! It's so funny cause you have savings accnts. for stuff like this, but Matt & I have always been like "once in savings let's keep it there"... Silly I know since that's WHY it's there, but still. Since Eli came along and I went to work part-time God has provided so much! We have been able to pay cash for everything we have bought, if we want or need something it's not been a big deal to do it, we have not worried or fought at all about money! Now, please don't take this post as a brag or anything! I just wanted to publicly praise our God for how awesome He is and how He provides!

Of course I can't post w/o saying SOMETHING about my awesome son! He has been talking so much! Saying more phrases now. We are still working on please & thank you, it seems this will be a battle! I was getting ready for church yesterday and Eli was in our room as usual, he was quiet though... not good! I walked around our bed to find my precious boy pulling Kleenex's outa the box one at a time! He had made it through almost the whole box! I said "No NO Eli!" didn't spank frankly cause I was kinda giggling over it... so just about 5 min. later he came walking into my bathroom with yet another box of Kleenex, this time it was all in tact he loudly and very assertively said "NO NO NO NO"..... Then gave me the Kleenex box! So, funny! He is also in this lovey stage. He will come to us and say "up up" we pick him up and he will hug us and lay his head on our shoulders. SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my Elijah Warren!!!

No comments: