Saturday, March 29, 2008

Being a parent changes you...

The title seemed to fit "being a parent changes you"!!
Thursday evening Matt & I had the best date we've ever had! Oh, did I mention Eli came too? You're probably wondering the best date ever AND Eli came?!?! She's lost it right? Wrong! We took Mr. Eli to see Sesame Street Live! I was a little concerned that he might be a little scared since Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, & all the gang were HUGE life-size! Nope, not our son he thought it was the best thing ever! I believe we could've gone to every showing and he would've loved them all! He was SO good! The show was 1 1/2 hrs. he did wonderful. His face was absolutely priceless when the characters came out onto the stage.

Kinda like this:
Price of tickets : $50
Price of snacks : $10
Price of souvenir :$25
Price of Eli's face
when they came out : $ PRICELESS

Now before Eli came along we would've never thought a Sesame Street 'concert' would make the top of our GREAT dates list, but this sure did! When we found out we were pregnant with Eli I swore off Elmo... I mean SWORE off ELMO! But, when Eli saw him for the 1st time on TV it was love at 1st sight! How can you argue with that kinda love? He He He... Anyway, Matt & I just had a blast watching Eli watch the stage and dance and sing and just laugh! It was such a great night! I know Sesame Street is a little um shall we say "annoying", but it was really a great show! Our 5 yr. anniversary is in April maybe Matt & I should seek out another Sesame Street concert? I'M KIDDING!!!

Our family time is so hard to come by which made this evening SO special! What a blessing that we are able to do things like this for Eli. We thank God that we are able to provide extra things like this for Eli. He's such a blessing to us!

Here are a few pics. of our GREAT DATE! Don't ask how much we paid for the big Elmo that Eli has... Just don't ask! He He He He...






2 comments:

Brandi said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wanted to take Hunter so badly, but I knew it would be wasted this year, I'm sure by next year he'll be into Sesame Street and ready to go as well! Glad you guys got to share it together :)

Just Wedeminute said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a blast! Isn't it fun watching your kids have so much fun!Love you guys!!!