Some of the best times we have as a family are at the Funtastic Island Park. We actually had Eli's 1st birthday party there! It's funny cause on this trip Eli made friends with the amazing boy! He was probably 10 yrs. old and paralyzed from the chest down. He was in a wheelchair, breathing tubes, legs strapped in, head strapped in, etc. his caregiver was this super nice young man. He had lifted the wheelchair onto the merry-go-round and made sure it was secure so the boy could ride! Eli went right over to them and said "HI!!" then the caregiver asked Eli if he wanted to ride the merry-go-round w/them. So up he went! The whole time we were at the park, Eli would seek these amazing young men out just to say "hi" and he was just "talking" to them like he was the President of the US! The young boy in the wheelchair thought Eli was awesome. I regret to say that I didn't ask either of them their names, but let me just tell ya watching Eli be so kind to this boy made me the happiest mom around! Matt & I were a little weary only b/c we didn't want Eli to hurt the boy or pull a cord or tube out! But, we could really tell it meant so much to this boy just that we let our son "hang out" w/him. I didn't get pics. of this for obvious reasons, but I wanted to share this story w/you. Kids are so honest, loving, caring, kind, and NOT JUDGE-MENTAL!!! I know I sure learned something from my almost 2 yr. old son that day!
So, these are some pics. of Eli and Daddy that day! He loves the swings. He loves to just run around. At one point he was about to slide down a little slide and Matt was ready to catch him, so I went down to get on the ground... I did not get this on camera, but our son did NOT slide down, he WALKED ALL THE WAY DOWN! Crazy boy!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment