Matt & I decided a couple weeks ago that our house indeed needed some color! We really didn't realize until we got started how incredibly blah our walls were! We borrowed some sample cans from the Anderson's (which I will get back to you soon)and of those we found one we really liked. We went to Home Depot to buy it and for some reason I picked up the swatch they had at the store and I fell in love w/the color below the one we had tried. The only thing was it was darker, much darker and that scared me! So the wonderful paint man (I'm sure that's his 'official' title ha ha) told me he could to something to that color formula and keep the same color but lighten it up some. So he did and we LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It's now the "Austin Family" color since it was kinda made up we named it! Matt & I worked on painting every night when Eli went to bed and after just a mere 3 mights we were really close, when I came home that 4th day Matt said he didn't want to paint that he would work on it some the next day during nap. So we took a night off. Praise God! Matt did a wonderful job that next day so that final evening I conquered the trim work. Not near as greatly and I would have liked, but we had decided that sometime we'll just repaint the trim and doors so that took the pressure off me! : )
Here are just a couple shots of the "process" (I wasn't allowed to just stand around and take pictures ya know!) He He He...


And vua-la (spelling?) Or as Eli says "ALL DONE"




On a side note, the 1st morning after we'd been up until 2 AM painting Eli woke up and when he came into the living room and this was our family's conversation:
Eli -"paint?"
Matt -"yup Buddy Mommy & Daddy painted last night"
Me -"do you like it Eli?"
Eli -"NOPE!!!"
Matt -"you can re-paint it then"
Eli -"NOPE"
Ahhh, the funny honesty of a 2 yr. old!
2 comments:
it looks so good
yes, I love this color. We almost did a similar color when we painted ours but ended up going a little lighter. We had used the darker one before and I LOVE IT, seeing yours makes me want to repaint. :) Well, without the work of repainting. I wish it could magically appear.
Post a Comment